Following a successful launch period we have an opportunity for a Junior Photographer to join the team based in Soho, London, on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
It’s A Monthly Thing Limited consists of a portfolio of consumer brands including subscription and traditional FMCG product. Founded in 2014 we are focused on changing the agenda around menstruation and ensuring that women are empowered, educated and have a convenient solution for their needs during their period.
Through our betty brand we have a highly lauded educational solution for schools, helping young people as they begin their journey into adulthood. The betty brand also includes our own range of sanitary products designed specifically for the teenage market. Both betty and her big sister brand, Pink Parcel, are also available as monthly subscriptions where our consumers have the convenience of their sanitary products being delivered directly to their door alongside a range of goodies that will surprise and delight them each month.
As our Junior Photographer you will be responsible for researching, building moodboards and shooting imagery across both brands. Including still life, product, life style, models and creative flat lays. The photographer will be responsible for shooting and editing table top still life shots, GIFs, model hand and face shots for all products passing through the department to the highest standard. Working alongside a busy creative team and assisting the lead in photography and video.
The Junior Photographer duties and key responsibilities:
- Shooting still life images for the website and use on social media
- Shooting creative hand and model shots across accessories, lifestyle, food and beauty products
- All products to be shot demonstrating excellent technical understanding, attention to detail and consistent quality
- Working collaboratively on still life shoots with the creative team and demonstrating an excellent understanding of still life shoot guidelines and studio processes
- Regularly reviewing the product pages online to ensure the imagery going live is of the highest standard, identify and action reshoots where necessary
- Contributing to and leading imagery reviews, demonstrating competitor awareness and being proactive in presenting opportunities for improvement
- Successful delivery of projects that support the creative strategy
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and other departments
- To understand the end to end process for each type of product and be able to mentor/train new staff
- Ensure all photographic equipment and studio space is maintained
Our ideal Junior Photographer will have the below skills and experience:
- A highly creative individual with demonstrable portfolio of work, ideally with still life or fashion experience
- Ability to take a brief, confidently present creative options, take and interpret feedback ultimately developing approved creative routes
- Experience in delivering creative excellence against creative briefs for different audiences and different brands
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Extremely organised with ability to prioritise and manage multiple briefs simultaneously
- Proactive and approachable with a can-do attitude
- Fully conversant with Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge
- Proven experience in editing as well as styling and shooting
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Junior Photographer then please click ‘Apply’ today!