An opportunity has arisen to work for a long established, successful and dynamic North London and City based company providing IT solutions for SME businesses. Operating across London and the South East, our Client is looking to recruit a Junior Office Admin & Personal Assistant who has previous experience within a similar role.
Our Client specialises in Networking, Security / Communications and Business Continuity solutions, and their technology partnerships include Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, HP and Dell. Due to rapid growth and expansion plans, together with reorganisation requirements, our Client is now seeking to recruit an office junior who has some experience in a similar role and can provide admin support to parts of their business.
This is a junior full-time Administration/PA role and you will be responsible for managing all filing, stationery and general office responsibilities. Primarily, this person will be expected to answer incoming phone calls, organise mail and also control and update incoming and outgoing mail/courier deliveries. You must be confident in your ability and have the ability to investigate and chase failed and delayed deliveries too. You will also need to be clear and diplomatic in your role. In addition to this, you will be responsible for all other ad-hoc office duties, together with cleaning and the general 'up keep’ of the office.
Assisting the Support and Operations Teams will also be part of the role. Raising support tickets and purchase orders, together with liaising with suppliers will also be an important. Getting involved with ordering supplies and dealing with quotations will be part of your duties too. Running personal errands for the Directors will also feature.
This Office Personal Assistant must have a warming personality, excellent organisational skills along with clear communication and interpersonal skills. Fluency in both written and verbal English is a must, together with IT literacy. Our Client uses their own internal IT systems which you will be fully trained to use where necessary. The Candidate must also be a confident individual who can work well within a team. You must be able to take your own initiative and carry a professional approach at all times, work proactively and work to tight deadlines. The role pays a pro-rata basic salary of between £13,000 - £15,000, based on experience.
- Managing all filing, stationary and general office responsibilities
- Answering incoming phone calls and organising mail
- Control and update incoming and outgoing mail/courier deliveries
- Investigate and chase failed and delayed deliveries
- Responsible for all ad-hoc office duties, together with cleaning and the general 'up keep’ of the office
- Assisting the Support and Operations Teams
- Raising support tickets and purchase orders, together with liaising with suppliers
- Ordering supplies and dealing with quotations
- Running personal errands for the Directors when required
Knowledge, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum 6 month’s experience in a similar role
- Strong administrative skills including the ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are essential
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Basic IT skills and a good working knowledge of MS Applications (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Must be highly organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- A warm, energetic, enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude
- Knowledge and experience of Sage Line 50 is very advantageous, but not essential
- An advanced interest in IT is also advantageous, but not essential
- Role Type: Permanent
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Southgate, London N14
- Department: Administration
- Reports To: Directors
- Reference: EJOAPA
(website link - chamaleon .co .uk / jobSearch .aspx)
- Office Duties
- Organisational Skills
- Purchase Orders
- Answering Telephones