1st Step's Accountancy & Finance Division has partnered with a large Asset Management business in the City. We are seeking a Junior Management Accountant to join their team from March for a 9 month maternity contract.
This position is to work in their Portfolio team and will see you responsible for the Management Accounts function along with Finance Assistant duties for the same projects.
You will be responsible for the overall delivery of all invoicing, credit control and creditor payment processes and cycles as well as maintenance of the financial records, ledgers and day books for the relevant companies in their portfolio.
Duties will include:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the relevant Finance Manager in accordance with the agreed
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Process cash book entries and invoices into the accounting system and update invoice trackers as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company
- Manage bank accounts; ensure bank mandates / online banking authorisers are up to date per FM's instruction, monitor cash-flow to ensure sufficient funds available for payments, and manage cash balances to ensure optimum use through deposits.
- Manage the statutory audit process, liaising with the auditors and Finance Manager's for the companies in their portfolio and compiling the statutory audit working papers for
- Ensure the continuous maintenance of the corporate calendar in respect of activities undertaken by the Accounting Team.
- Draft the end of year corporation tax workings for the statutory accounts.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Management accounting and statutory accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting concepts, systems and processes.
- Experience of working to timetables and strict procedures.
It is essential that you are part qualified as a minimum to be considered for this position. (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
In return our client are offering a competitive salary along with excellent benefits such as 10% non contributory pension!
Please only apply if you are able to take on a contract position.
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts