A well-established and highly regarded niche West End law firm seeks a Junior Legal Secretary for an entry level position with a fast-paced and interesting workload.
You'll be supporting lawyers who work across commercial and residential property, conveyancing and property litigation, and your responsibilities will include:
- Using Microsoft Word and Excel for typing, drafting and formatting a variety of documentation including correspondence, reports, leases and contracts, and other property-related documents;
- Performing searches using online property portals, completing forms and applications;
- Managing diaries, arranging meetings and travel;
- Liaising with clients over the phone, via email and face-to-face, being a friendly and positive point of contact, and accurately keeping contact details;
- Opening and closing files, and assisting with client billing;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, couriers and other deliveries;
- Filing and archiving, scanning and photocopying etc;
- Assisting with reception cover; and
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
To be the successful candidate, you will need to be studying or have completed your CILEx Legal Secretary Diploma (Level 3) or equivalent, with good GCSE grades, and some administrative, secretarial or paralegal experience.
You'll also have a fast and accurate typing speed (above 65wpm), strong skills with Microsoft Word and Excel, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Most importantly, you'll possess a desire to learn and grow in a career in the legal sector as this role will develop over time.
Candidates are encouraged to apply promptly.
Verity Appointments prides itself on providing an excellent service to candidates and clients, however competition will be high for this role, and we may not be able to contact everyone individually. If you have not been contacted within five working days you should assume you have not been successful on this occasion, but we hope that you will apply for any other positions that interest you in the future.
- Legal Administration
- Microsoft Word
- Secretarial Skills
- Digital Dictation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job