Are you a Junior SQL DBA/ SQL Developer looking to join a great award-winning company?
£35,000 - £40,000 2 year Fixed Term Contract (FTC) + an excellent benefits packageLocation: home-based, remote working(with a visit to Portsmouth/ possibly Bristol once every few weeks)
What will my duties be?
As a Junior SQL DBA/ SQL Developer you'll design, support, and maintain our current M.I databases. You'll not only develop solutions but support the daily running of systems and ensure they're stable. As the Junior SQL DBA/ SQL Developer you'll be key to a new centralised multi-terabyte warehouse solution, building it from the ground up and feeding in from several systems into one.
Ideally you will also have at least a few months' experience in Power B.I, and performance tuning/ maintenance of indexes. We also need someone who can communicate easily with others, acting as a 'translator' and taking business requirements and making them happen.
Your duties will include:
- Development of high-quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Research required data
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
- Analyse existing SQL queries for performance improvements, suggest new queries
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Investigate exceptions with regard to asset movements
- Administer the prevailing MI system to ensure continuity of that solution by coordinating the import of multiple disparate systems.
- Oversee the migration of customer information to new platforms as appropriate.
- Design and develop reports, maintain configurations and generally monitor reporting systems.
- Configure and maintain all aspects of product definition within the database.
- Remain focused on requirements specifically business-critical reporting as required by SMT.
Essential Skills & experience:
- MS SQL 2016+ DBA / Database developer.
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working within IT/MI development
- Experience in Performance management and Optimisation.
- Indexes - performance tuning/ maintenance
- B.I background (6+ months) - big data/ Power B.I preferable
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- General Insurance experience
- CDL Strata / Echelon
- Open Gi
Who are we?
A leading and rapidly expanding group who have benefitted from a string of successive achievements and impressive accolades, including 42 award wins in the last three years alone, a Gold Standard award from Investors in People and Extraordinary status in The Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work For, for four years running. We are one of the UK's fastest growing and leading automotive glazing companies where innovation is at the heart of their business
What benefits are there?
We offer 30 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays) with the ability to buy and sell more days. We have a 5% contributary pension scheme, health and wellbeing support, life assurance which is 4x annual salary, and a whole online portal full of individual benefits including retail discounts, memberships, discounted restaurants, cinema tickets and much more.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'