Java Web Developer
The Java Web Developer’s main focus will be on developing, improving and resolving issues on the system and APIs that our client works with. The role will involve adding new functionality, maintaining existing functions, using Java and some Coldfusion (training provided) as well as assisting the team in working on a number of web services, developed internally. This will require some contact with 3rd parties to support new integrations, in addition to assisting the support of existing implementations. This role will form part of a larger development team, so there will be opportunities to be involved in front end development of the website, although this is not essential as part of the role.
Key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities
· Develop new features in the internally developed system
• Work closely with other developers in the support and maintenance of the system
• Maintain and extend the existing suite of their web services (using SOAP protocol), used by 3rd parties
• Work closely with other team members on the maintenance of applications used in the development process, for example (but not exclusively) Jenkins, SVN and Jira
• Create and execute unit tests
• Document changes to applications
• Manage own work through the development process
• Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
• Perform root cause analysis on application issues and outline corrective action for given problems
• Provide estimates for new development tasks, give opinion on technology choices, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on design aspects
• Keep a record of hours spent on project work
• Work collaboratively and professionally with other people across the business
• Participate in daily stand up meetings, providing regular updates on progress
• Adhere to development process and practices
• Perform other duties as necessary
Skills / Knowledge
· Development experience in Java 7 onwards.
· Had exposure to SOAP and/or RESTful protocols
· Experience of working with data in XML and JSON
· Practical experience with SQL
· Demonstrates proficiency in the understanding of the development lifecycle.
· Worked in an Agile and/or test driven development environment
· Demonstrates understanding of HTML and CSS
· Experience with Jenkins, Source control (SVN, GIT) and JIRA
· ColdFusion 7+, although training will be given
· Strong knowledge of SQL (Including T-SQL) and experience with NoSQL Databases
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'