Java Developer - Spring / Hibernate / Spring Boot
Oscar Technology are working with a global software firm, helping them in their search for a mid-level Java Developer to join their expanding North Wales office. The Java Developer is joining a key UK location that is seeing a significant investment in both their teams and technology stacks, offering the incoming Java Developer that chance to be involved a large amount of project work as their products & development lifecycle evolve.
They can offer prospective employees the chance to develop their skills with a continual flow of new technologies that will be introduced to their technology stack over the next 2 years & ultimately pick up skills in Containerisation & Automation.
Our client were acquired by a global Information & Software products business in early 2017, immediately seeing significant investment in increasing staff numbers and improvements to both technology stacks & the evolution of the development processes.
Working in offices that were recently refurbished, the North Wales office is a key division that has provided year-on-year growth within a global business. The office is seen as key acquisition, adding to a portfolio of products that are used largely across the professional services sectors such as finance, accounting & legal.
The products in North Wales are largely focused on Risk Management & Mitigation in the financial services sectors, with those products being used by 9 of the 10 largest Financial Services groups in the World!
- Core Java 6 or higher - OOD, annotations, JPA, Hibernate, JUnit, design patterns, Logging Frameworks.
- Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Remote, Spring Integration.
- Oracle Databases especially 12c, PL/SQL invocation from Java, SQL.
- XML, XSL, XSD, Xpath, JSON, JSON Schema.
- Unit testing with JUnit.
- Apache Tomcat.
- Build tools - Maven, Ant etc.
- Source control - SVN or GIT.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Pension 7% variable.
- Free health care (taxable benefit)
- 25 +1 holiday for every year worked and bank Holidays (up to maximum of 30 for 5 years service).
- Gym membership 50% paid for
- Regular office social events
- Free onsite parking.
- Free fruit and veg provided along with a range of fruit juices and hot Drinks
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.