Our client is a leading marketing and technology solutions organisation providing services to both the private and public sector. They have an outstanding reputation in the markets they operate in.
Their policy is to recruit, develop and retain the very best staff and empower them to provide outstandingly high-quality work for our clients. They operate in a fast-moving marketplace and believe certain fundamental values set their people apart.
Responsible for being the centre point of knowledge and leading development of a high-performance, scalable Java solution in a cloud environment.
Core skills, knowledge, experience required
- Ideally: experience with application development on AWS
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Working with source control systems (Git, including branching, merging, and pull requests)
- Test-driven development, unit testing
- Ideally, behaviour driven development
- Testing within an Agile environment, test automation
- Working within a multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Understanding of Content Management Systems
- Understanding of cross browser and cross platform compatibility issues
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with a proactive approach to quality
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, business and users
- Ability to anticipate issues, cope with ambiguity, and proactively solve problems
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering quality results
- Through understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs
- Client site travel is a key part of the role
- Degree level or equivalent corporate experience
- Development Opportunities