IT System Tester - Swindon
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Instore.
- Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share;
- Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content;
- Instore, a field based supply chain solution, offering tailored services for clients in Field Marketing and Merchandising, Supply Chain Auditing and Self Compliance for a range of categories including news and magazines, entertainment, games, books and stationery, lottery and mobile networks as well as fresh produce.
- Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers
About the team you'll be working in:
The Test Team is responsible for ensuring that all Smiths News systems developments delivered by either internal or external development teams are fit for purpose and meet business requirements prior to IT change control and release. We are also in the process of establishing test principles within our Tuffnells business.
About the IT System Tester role:
A vacancy has arisen for an IT System Tester to work within the Test Team based in our Head Office, Swindon. The primary responsibility will be to ensure all developments are tested to an agreed quality and timescale such that the delivered solution is fit for purpose. You will design and maintain test suites and have good knowledge of software test design and test execution methodologies.
Your main responsibilities:
- Writing and developing manual test scripts to ensure intended requirements are met
- Execution of manual test scripts
- Clear/effective documentation of test results
- Documentation and prioritisation of system/software defects
- Ability to provide test work estimates
- Provide regular test updates in project meetings
- Communication and updates to key stakeholders
The level of testing will be determined by the complexity of the project and may encompass the following:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'