You have taken the first step to becoming a part of one of the most exciting and innovative brands in the high street and online. Ryman trade from more than 200 stores nationwide and a very comprehensive on-line store.
We never underestimate how essential our colleagues are to keeping our business moving and growing. We are looking for people who are passionate about our products. You are what makes Ryman, and in return we do everything we can to make it a great place to work.
The Job: IT Support Executive
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Contract Type: Full-Time
Contract Hours & Shift Pattern: 37.5 Hours
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE ROLE?
We are "Passionate about Retail" so we want people who are passionate about what they do, are resilient, flexible, good team players and good with detail. We’re also looking for a good mix of bright ideas and common sense and a strong work ethic.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1.Deliver excellent 1st and 2nd line IT support for the Group, resolving tickets within SLA and delivering excellent service to stakeholders, e.g.:
- Ensure colleagues have with a high level of confidence that their issue is being dealt with promptly, professionally, with due care and attention.
- Deliver regular updates on all open issues to colleagues to the agreed service level.
- Mitigate/resolve issues to colleagues’ satisfaction.
- Provide desk side support as and when required.
- Utilise monitoring and alerting tools to deal with issues raised through the incident management system
- Define and deliver practical, workable, pragmatic and cost-effective solutions to stakeholders’ issues.
- There will be a rota of out of hours support which may be provided offsite (out of hours).
2. Manage the processing of support tickets, e.g.:
- Carefully log details of all issues; ensure all pertinent details are noted and rigorously question colleagues to ensure the real issue and/or root cause is known.
- Ensure all tickets are prioritised according to the agreed prioritisation methodology.
- Escalate any tickets which are failing (or look set to fail) their agreed support level agreement.
- Where issues are beyond the technical capabilities of the IT Support Executive escalate the issue to 2nd line Engineers or third party suppliers ensuring that all handover information is accurately recorded
3. Contribute to the department’s achievement of SLAs and other support targets, e.g.:
- Share system knowledge with your team mates and colleagues in the form of training and system documentation and user guides to ensure the successful implementation and on-going correct usage of systems.;
- Help ensure the working environment is professional and enjoyable place to work;
- Work with management to produce an "excellent" team;
- Contribute to delivery of continuous improvement for the organisation. Regularly and critically review processes and procedures with a view to improving quality, simplicity, efficiency and/or effectiveness across all aspects of the department and the Group.
- WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- Customer focussed, with ideas which will improve service to both customers and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work at all levels by adapting to the requirements of the audience and to quickly cut through problems, giving a range of pragmatic options - a solution provider.
- Commercially astute - understands that the customer is at the centre of everything we do.
- Highly organised with both a strong attention to detail and comfortable with many concurrent issues.
- Adept at managing change and conflicting priorities within an entrepreneurial organisation.
- Extremely resilient, flexible and pragmatic yet capable of 'standing their ground’ in a collaborative way.
- Gets things done - the culture is 'hands-on’ with little hierarchy.
- Practical and down-to-earth, focussed on finding straightforward solutions to problems.
- High levels energy and enthusiasm with a can-do positive attitude and is calm and focussed under pressure.
- No ego - as a customer/results focussed business, expect high levels of both challenge and support in all areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRE
- Successful delivery in a very fast-moving customer-focussed environment, ideally owner-managed.
- Successful delivery of 1st line support and super user administrative support on Dispatcher
- Experienced in retail systems and omni-channel technology (WMS, ePOS, web, etc.).
Please note this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties as and when required. Due to the high volume of applications we receive for each position, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job