IT Project Manager - Transport, Rail - 2 year FTC - East Midlands
The IT Project Manager will act as the conduit between IT, the business user community, suppliers, PMO and external parties on all Technology impacting projects.
The client is a large transport company based in the East Midlands currently launching a large scale, highly publicised programme to transform its digital landscape.
- Ensure that project stakeholders are furnished with the appropriate level of engagement to meet and surpass their needs
- Influence project stakeholders and team members to encourage active support and mitigate resistance to project objectives
- Balance project constraints of time, cost, quality and scope with the ambitions of project stakeholders. Negotiate with operational leads to ensure that projects are appropriately resourced and negotiate solutions to conflicts, particularly with supplier partners.
- Manage conflicts between stakeholders, project delivery representatives ensuring that project objectives are protected whilst fostering a positive working environment.
- Promote project objectives, encourage positive relationships, support effective team work, raise morale and empower and inspire individual project team members.
- Experience in either: Prince2, Agile or ITIL V3
- Proven delivery of complex technical change in UK wide digital transformation projects
- Good general knowledge of the railway or similar transport industry
- Ability to work with challenging stakeholders
- Exceptional time management skills - you will be managing 2 - 8 projects at any one time
- General understanding of the basics of project finance
£45,000 + extensive benefits including (and not limited to):
32 days holiday + bank holidays
Free first class train travel
Travel for spouse/dependants
Travel discounts across Europe
- Project Management
- It Project Manager
- East Midlands
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'