IT Project Manager (EMEA) required by a leading global Insurer located in London. Positioned within the EMEA IT Team the IT Project Manager will be responsible for work closely with the Global Development Centre (application development & infrastructure) and the regional Business Change team to deliver a broad range of technology driven projects for the EMEA region.
This is a critical role in the IT organisation and the PM will be working closely with the IT management teams and many of the key business stakeholders to ensure projects are delivery in time and on budget.
IT Project Manager (EMEA), Insurance, Agile, London)
- Extensive experience managing IT projects (finance/insurance preferable)
- Demonstrate history of working closely with both business stakeholders and technical teams
- Experience working with vendors (desirable)
- MS Project & Office
- Able to travel for meetings/workshops in European branches
- PRINCE 2 practitioner (or equivalent)
- European languages (French in particular) desirable but not essential
- Assume PM responsibilities on assigned projects being run within the EMEA IT team
- Work closely with the nominated project sponsor, business owner and key stakeholders to ensure project requirements are understood and delivered on time and in budget
- Organise and chair project steering group meeting as required to ensure projects progress is reported to key stakeholders and risks & issues are being managed
- Manage cross functional project teams made up from the IT team, Business Change and business reps (underwriting, operations, claims, etc.)
- Manage projects during the early feasibility and initiation process to ensure the objectives, benefits, delivery method and resource/costs are agreed and understood
- Manage project budgets in accordance with the agreed procedures and ensure project governance is followed and approvals obtained, including the annual planning process
- Maintain project artefacts (charter, plan, risk/issues log, status reports, etc.) and progress projects through stage gate controls in accordance with the defined PMO standards
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading global insurer offering career progression and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Project Manager