Location: Uxbridge, UB8 1GQ
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
About the Company:
Fortis Hosting has arisen from over 30 years of combined experience from the Directors within the technology arena. We have extensive relationships nurtured over time with key vendors such as Microsoft and HP and have a proven track record with service provision within both the private and public sector (to include: Education, Charity and Local Government).
IT Manager Job Role:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organise the daily activity of the Service Desk Team
- Organise & chair training sessions to improve the knowledge of the team
- Ensure the teams are following the company’s operating procedures
- Understanding all service desk tickets in Atera and ensuring they are being attended to.
- Administrating Atera to ensure accurate information is held.
- Update client documentation as changes in process or access details occur, ensuring the documentation is clear, concise & accurate.
- Ensure desk employee delivering training is using approved documentation.
- To follow our processes and procedures whilst working on our helpdesk working environment
- Answer incoming calls, log them in Atera and allocate accordingly
- Provide technical support to the service desk team.
- Ensure the teams are managing and monitoring the support mailboxes
- Ensuring the documentation used is clear, concise & accurate.
- Create Help Guides, Knowledgebase documents, and change documents
- Proactively research alternatives and solutions to issues and take action.
- Review reports that come in from Atera and give your input on patterns and trends
- Look at ways to reduce support tickets in a proactive manner
- Coach the service desk team to ensure they are working to the required standard.
- Participate in review meetings with operations staff
- Resolve all client’s technical issues promptly and effectively ensuring high first-time fix rate
- To ensure configurations, contact information and assets are kept up to date in real time (Atera)
- To induct & mentor service desk employees through their probationary period & beyond.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Ensure "Fast turnaround" of customer requests (Time To Resolution)
- Liaising with the client throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket
- Constantly seeking ways to improve consistent delivery of service
- Ensure a good working relationship and rapport with other staff members
- Support the Director in the company’s objectives
IT Manager Requirements:
You will need to have the ability to build rapport with our diverse range of customers as our only goal is delivering technology that empowers our customers.
We’re looking for someone who is motivated, loves taking initiative, good at analysing service ticket trends, looking for ways to be proactive, bringing down repeat tickets and finding fresh new ways to solve problems. As a real team player, you’ll report directly to our IT Director ensuring that all issues are communicated effectively across all levels.
Experience working within another MSP environment is desirable.
What we need from you:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- See tasks through to completion
- Have good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Maintain a professional demeanour at all times
- Ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Ability to handle constantly changing work pressures
- Remain productive during slow times
- Be able to multitask effectively during busy times
- Ability to work responsibly without direct supervision
- Be enthusiastic and willing to work overtime when required
- Positivity & Optimism in delivery of the companies’ message & works
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Have a good understanding of general IT solutions
- Microsoft Office 365 Eco-Systems
- Microsoft Virtualized environments
- Active Directory and general Windows Environment
- Cloud Backup Solutions
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Understanding of service desk management (ITIL Preferable)
- Experience in working on an IT Service Desk
- Experience in supervising Service Desk Engineers
- Experience in Devising & Implementing Strategies to improve Service
- Experience in Devising & Implementing Strategies to improve technology solutions to customers.
- Experience in Creating documentation to manage customers business systems & the ability to train internal & external customers with this information.
- Service Desk Management: 2 years (preferred)
To keep our team safe, we are currently working from home. We are only working from the office for essential project work.
If you feel you have the relative skills and experience necessary to be successful within this role then click on 'APPLY’ today forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please.
- Service Desk
- IT Engineer
- Service Desk Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'