Our client, one of the UK's largest distributors of electrical data cables and heating products, provide high-quality materials, innovative design and expert manufacturing. They offer a wide range of radiators and general wiring including flexible cables, low voltage and control cables.
As IT Manager, you will report to the Finance Director and will be central to the efficient running of the operational, financial and commercial areas of the business. You will be expected to perform transactional elements of maintaining Masterdata within the SAP Business 1 ERP, as well as provide value added activities to improve the business' operations, network and IT security.
There is a particular focus on increasing the company's presence and level of business it conducts online. The IT Manager is expected to work closely with the directors and management to support and facilitate this development whilst continuing to provide and maintain a secure and efficient IT environment for the rest of the business.
Suitable candidates will have an inquisitive mind-set, adopt the principles of Continuous Improvement and be empowered to identify opportunities for improvement across all areas of the business, its systems and processes. You must have an understanding for the principles of Warehouse IT and ideally have experience of a wholesale "WMS" system such as Highjump.
Responsibilities of the IT Manager:
- Overall responsibility for updating and maintaining the SAP/WMS configuration
- Manage users, security levels etc.
- Support and maintain the daily business processes within SAP/WMS ensuring daily start up is bug-free.
- Control and provide access to and authorisation limits within SAP/WMS including the ability to override and edit pre-populated data.
- Liaise with the wider business and directors to schedule mass information uploads / updates to minimise disruption to operations (e.g., pricing changes or seasonal promotions)
- Manage query resolution and system development projects as required in conjunction with business users.
- Ensure the security of the IT network and infrastructure is not compromised.
- Create and manage user profiles, software access, accounts and passwords across all software.
- Maintain IT asset and Software Licence register, re-assigning to new users as required.
- Point of contact for all technical queries and advice, internal and external, extending to peripheral equipment such as CCTV, internet providers, phones, alarms, warehouse equipment etc.
- Liaise with external software and support providers to ensure business continuity and value.
- Any other ad-hoc duties to support the business team as required.
- Control the flow of information necessary to maintain security of business processes, operations and financial exposure.
- Identify areas of improvement to ensure the business is utilising the full capabilities of SAP B1 and WMS
- Liaise with external providers for support, testing and project managing upgrades.
- Identify and advise on advancements in technology which will provide efficiencies to the business in time, cost and resource and future proof operations in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the smooth integration of external systems and the accurate data transfer into & out of SAP.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of key information changes and risk areas e.g., New products & pricing
- Implement user reviews of the system to consolidate workloads, provide training where required and automate reports and routine processes.
- Design and maintain a disaster recovery procedure and provide out of hours support if required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- An individual with practical experience of IT and network administration in a SME
- Experience of supporting a diverse IT portfolio, including PC’s, MAC’s, printers, scanners, etc.
- Experience of SAP Business 1 is essential
- Experience of a warehouse WMS system, ideally Highjump.
- Used to working with complex data sets in a fast-paced retail or manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail, ensuring that processing is both accurate and complete.
- A team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude.
- Experience of implementing change, often on high-pressure solo projects.
- Management of one team member.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
- Network Administration
- Business Continuity
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'