The IT Development Manager will lead delivery of Web and Access stream development projects and programmes required to support the business in achieving its goals, strategies and opportunities in a fast paced environment. They should ensure that expectations are managed across the business and that the team deliver results efficiently and effectively, in line with business scope and timescales. They will report directly to the IT Head of Development for Web and Access and manage a team of 10 -12 including Business Analysts and Software Engineers.
Key responsibilities -
- Manage the end to end development process from handover of the initial approved business idea through detailed business analysis, development, implementation and post implementation reviews.
- Determine the approach for the project and if an RFP will be required. Outline the deliverables, timelines, budget and maintenance of any documentation produced.
- In the relevant initiatives, understand the strategic direction of the Business and coordinate the IT activities needed from their own or other Development teams.
- Work with internal and external partners, such as infrastructure, software and security teams, and 3rd party suppliers to ensure they are aligned to facilitate development and a clear service transition plan is in place for implementation.
- Manage and monitor the performance of a Development team to encourage efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement working in accordance with our cornerstones principles.
- In conjunction with the Tech Delivery director, Heads of Development and Head of Engineering, determine appropriate systems standards, methods and procedures for software development.
- In conjunction with the architecture teams ensure that solutions are designed in line with the architectural roadmap and developed to meet the design criteria.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of test code coverage are applied to deliver good quality code for the business; liaising with the QA Managers as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to a Development team comprising mainly Business Analysts and Software Engineers, engendering an environment where talent is encouraged and developed.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of reporting are maintained at all levels.
It would be great if you had…
- Significant experience in delivery of e-commerce projects
- Management experience in development systems/methodologies including Hybris technologies
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment
- A proven track record of supplier and third party management
- Experience in networking effectively at senior levels across the business with the ability to engage and influence business leaders and peer groups
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills - both to lead a team and be credible with business product owners
- A good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to define solutions to business requirements, to gain support from key stakeholders and to lead the delivery of the solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job