You will perform a variety of management, administrative, and technical work related to the architecture, design, build, configuration and ongoing support of enterprise level hardware and software applications.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for ensuring all IT infrastructure issues are dealt with as efficiently as possible by the team. You will also oversee IT Infrastructure projects, working with the Snr IT Project Manager to make sure there is a balanced approach between BAU and project work.
Your drive to understand the real needs for technology (and their success factors), will enable you to ensure that fit-for-purpose solutions are delivered on time and in full. However, your major skill will be in IT solution design and architecture definition, along with team management skills, to ensure that tasks and responsibilities are delivered as efficiently as possible.
This is a permanent, full time role with an ideal start date of May 2018
What you will be doing:
- Planning and conducting regular maintenance of all hardware and software, including the management of patching schedules and reporting
- Identifying, communicating and correcting issues with IT Infrastructure solutions/ systems
- Ensuring all IT Infrastructure is being appropriately monitored and issues with system responses are dealt with in a timely manner
- Overseeing the allocation of daily operations and project tasks for the infrastructure team
- Developing the team, setting objectives and ensuring availability of relevant training and tools
- Ensuring the configuration of our IT Infrastructure and systems conform to Travelopia IT security policies and industry best practice
- Working with the IT Service Delivery Manager to ensure that any system or service outage is communicated, that it has a resolution plan and that root cause analysis is documented
- Establishing appropriate policies and procedures to enable system reliability and performance
- Managing 3rd party suppliers and contractors in the delivery of IT Infrastructure services
- Contributing to preparation of annual IT budget
- Assisting the Head of IT Operations with the definition of IT strategy and planning
What we are looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of server and network infrastructure, together with emerging technologies
- Proven experience managing large IT Infrastructure environments/ geographically dispersed teams
- Capability to exceed delivery targets
- Excellent communication and customer management skills at all levels
- An ability to translate often complex technology terms into simple language that can be understood by non-technical colleagues
- The ability to demonstrate empathy to others, to ensure that they remain supportive and engaged
- Strong management skills to coach and mentor your own team
- An ability to remain objective and goal-focused under pressure
- An ability to identify areas of improvement, working with the Head of IT Operations to implement such changes quickly and efficiently
- Proven experience in meeting IT Infrastructure availability targets
- An organised, methodical and conscientious approach
- An ability to manage solution and software incidents
Travelopia is the home for brands that create extraordinary travel experiences. We are at the forefront of global travel for those wanting something distinctive. Each of our customers demand a different experience. We give them this through real understanding and expertise. It’s at the heart of all we do at Travelopia.
Specialist travel is all we do. Passions such as yachting, trekking, cycling, learning, sports, boating, skiing, culture and luxury travel. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them out with our eyes open. It’s time to inspire!
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary
- Reward schemes - online discounts on products and services
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
- Information Technology
- Management Skills
- Network Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Solutions
- Infrastructure Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job