Sales BDM councils housing "housing associations" "local government"
IT Business Development Manager, Local Govt/Housing Association solutions
Up to £70k base plus £7k car allowance and bonus
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS: PLESE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU HAVE SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE OF SELLING IT SOLUTIONS INTO THE LOCAL GOVT AND HOUSING ASSOCIATION SECTORS, OTHERWISE YOUR CV WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REJECTED.
We seek two new business sales people one to cover the North and one the South for our housing team
Our technology transforms the experience of those delivering and receiving public and community services. By bringing together our public sector capabilities, we help teams connect services and explore new ways of working to make a difference to people's lives every day.
in the unique position of touching nearly every element of local government and housing jurisdiction. This, combined with being at the leading edge of software innovation, makes us ideally placed to shape and create the next generation of software to help public and community service providers do more with less.
This is a quota carrying individual contributor new business sales role. It is in the Growth sales team which focusses on customer acquisition in our line of business solutions (such as Housing) as well as transformation through the sale of our digital offerings.
The focus of this role is our Housing solutions, selling to (mainly) Housing Associations and Local Authorities. This is a market in which we have significant experience and a strong position, and is one which we are looking to develop though significant investment in our portfolio which will see new product released in 2020.
Contract values are typically between £500k and £1m and comprise software, professional services and annual maintenance. Targets for 2020 are tbc, likely though around £3m.
The housing market is buoyant in terms of the number of opportunities we are seeing. This role is about identifying these early, engaging to position us positively and then successfully managing and executing a sales strategy. Key stakeholders to support the success of this role are in our pre sales, bid management and commercial team
- Build and execute a sales plan to over achieve target
- Maintain high levels of customer facing activity with influencers and decision makers to generate and progress sales opportunities
- Identify key prospects and build strong relationships at multiple levels with prospects
- Build relationships with influential consultants in the market place
- Articulate the specific values we will deliver in relation to resolving and achieving customers’ key issues and goals
- Own the entire sales process, demonstrating the leadership and direction that will bring new deals
- Work with and engage the virtual team across our company to successfully execute sales campaigns
- Manage and maintain CRM (Dynamics) records, ensuring an accurate record of pipeline and opportunities and their status at all times
- Provide timely and accurate information to management, such as monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Maintain accurate and actionable account plans
- Effectively utilise sales methodologies (STAP, Miller Heiman) and governance processes
Skills and Experience Required
- A sustained track record of successfully achieving sales targets
- Demonstrable experience of new logo wins
- Experience of managing and executing complex sales cycles involving multiple customer and internal stakeholders
- Ability to make things happen and get things done in a large organisation
- Significant experience in selling to the Public Sector, ideally the Housing market
- Knowledge of the housing sectors would be useful but not essential
- Organised with strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and autonomously (we have a remote working environment)
- Business Development
- IT Sales
- Local Government
- Public Sector
- Housing Associations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'