I'm currently working with an exciting, rapidly growing Cheshire based business to recruit an IT Business Analyst to join their expanding team. This fast growing, global company is looking for an ambitious IT Business Analyst to work with the business on converting business requirements to technical requirements, working on exciting and innovative projects.
The IT Business Analyst will join this Cheshire based business at an exciting time, with development and growth at the forefront of the business. Working as part of an IT Project Delivery Team, the IT Business Analyst will be involved in assisting with technical and process design and ensuring that test conditions are well defined and documented, whilst building effective relationships and developing business requirements.
What will you be doing as an IT Business Analyst?
- The identification and documentation of business and system requirements.
- Documenting "as is" and "to be" business processes.
- Converting business requirements into technical requirements.
- Assisting with technical and process design.
- Working with internal software developers to provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Helping ensure appropriate test conditions are well defined and documented based upon requirements.
- Assisting with the production of training material for new systems/processes.
- Building effective working relationships with operational and technical teams.
- Analysis and interpretation of data to evaluate progress and project success.
- Working as part of an IT Project Delivery Team to deliver on time and fit for purpose solutions.
- Defining the difference between the current state and the proposed state through gap analysis.
- Work with other members of the IT Team to enhance and develop the project process.
What experience/skills/attributes do you need?
The essential skills/attributes are:
- It is essential that you offer demonstrable IT business analysis experience including knowledge of business analysis tools, methodologies and best practice.
- You will have requirements analysis and specification skills with an ability to understand associated system and cost impacts.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements using specialist tools where required.
- Broad commercial knowledge with sound business acumen.
- High level of communication influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Competent planning skills coupled with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Knowledge of business process modelling using BPMN techniques.
- Use Case identification and writing.
- Knowledge and experience of using both waterfall and agile development processes and techniques.
- Development of functional requirements through the use of facilitated workshops with business SMEs.
- Experience of working in a software development environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to "hit the ground running".
- The ability to identify and then present relevant information to management and business stakeholders.
- High level of creativity with a pragmatic outlook.
- Enthusiasm to improve techniques and processes with new technologies.
- Pro-active with the ability to continuously drive change to ensure that things are kept moving.
If you're interested in this role, please contact Bianca on or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job