Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Information Systems Trainer – Fixed term contract for up to 12 months
£27,273 per annum (pro rata)
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced Information Systems (IS) Trainer to join the Learning and Development team. As a key addition to our team, you will be responsible for delivering IS (Information Systems) training and supporting the development of innovative and cost effective training interventions for the Group.
Experience in the delivery of IS based training including the ability to write training materials, coupled with knowledge of the business applications used in the Group such as Microsoft Suite, Kronos and various internal bespoke systems is required. A working knowledge of SAP, PM and MM would also be advantageous, but not essential. Strong communication and organisational skills are also required as you will work closely with staff both within the IS department and across the Group.
The Information Systems Trainer is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has the determination and drive to help us achieve our ambitious goals in a challenging and rewarding environment. We are looking for a well organised and proactive team player with first class interpersonal skills.
The role of Information Systems Trainer will include:
- Contributing to training needs analysis and evaluation of IS Learning and Development services, making recommendations for improvements
- Assisting in the creation, design and development of innovative, cost effective and good practice IS Learning and Development interventions, including e-learning solutions, to heighten staff performance
- Reviewing the quality of IS training by collating training feedback, recommending changes for improvement and involvement in the implementation of changes
- Building and maintaining effective internal and external relationships to maximise the IS Learning and Development services available
- Contributing to special programmes and projects including the development of IS Learning and Development programmes in accordance with strategy, following mergers and other TUPE transfers
Skills and experiences:
- A relevant qualification e.g. CIPD in Training Practice or a Diploma in Training Management or proven experience at an equivalent level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, allowing you present confidently
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work loads effectively
- Recent experience of delivering training courses to a range of people
- Frequent nationwide travel and overnight stays are a requirement of this role therefore a full, current driving licence is essential (a vehicle will be provided)
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 18 June 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job