Inventory Planner- 6 Month contract (Temp to perm)
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of role:
The Inventory role consists of planning and managing the stock levels for multi-temp products across a variety of categories and locations. The team will review the range of products on a daily basis to ensure the stock levels are sufficient for customer demand and balanced in accordance with maximum stock holding guidelines and place orders with suppliers across the continents. The team will also ensure that waste figures meet KPIs to balance the companys spend across availability and waste, ensuring profitability.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the correct product / stock quantities are available at the time of pick for all depot customers, whilst ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum nationwide.
- Using sales history, stock impacts and information from other departments, forecast demand and translate to orders for suppliers.
- Manage stock movement throughout the network through sales and purchase orders using Prophet.
- Confirm and manage supplier deliveries through direct communication and follow up any discrepencies.
- To liaise on a regular basis with account managers regarding menu changes, seasonal impacts and customer requirements.
- To assist supply chain managers in the forecasting of volume requirements for contract suppliers through liaison with account managers and other departments.
- To assist the goods in administrator with the management of the booking ladder to ensure that suppliers are using the system correctly and inbound deliveries are captured to aid operations.
- To assist in keeping the business informed of volume changes / fluctuations that may have an effect on availability and the profitability of the business.
- To follow the recovery process in place with regard to rejections that meet the supply chain expectations but is at a cost efficient price for the business.
- To work in a team based environment where all managers and employees support each other with department based workload.
- Through both formal and informal communication ensure that your line manager is kept updated on any opportunities or threats that could impact the business and/or operations.
- Through both formal and informal communication provide ongoing intelligence/data/information that can be used by other departments in order to make informed decisions
- Ensure that all applicable legislation (H&S, Hygiene, BRC, etc) for a modern food business are adhered to by all and that anyviolations are reported to your line manager.
- Maintain and contribute to a working knowledge of Fresh Directs policies and regulations
- Engage in specific projects or activities as directed by either your line manager, FDUK or Fresh Direct Holdings
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Excellent multi-tasking skills to handle multiple inbound communication methods
- First rate communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- A passion for driving costs out of the business
- Team player with an understanding of people
- Open minded and able to embrace and influence change
- Ability to work under pressure
- A 'can do and will do’ attitude
- Tenacity to see a task through to completion
- Ability to deliver results
- Food Service
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job