As a member of the Risk Assurance Internal Audit Team based in London or Manchester, and reporting directly to the Internal Audit Managers, you will be responsible for delivering risk based internal audit work to our public sector & private sector clients. Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and you will need excellent communication and written skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
For more information on our Consulting Team please watch this video: VIDEO
• Be responsible for planning internal audit work programmes and setting of control objectives;
• Management and delivery of all aspects of internal audit fieldwork including participating in closing meetings with management;
• Maintaining good relationships with clients;
• Providing on the job advice and training to junior auditors and supervision of junior staff when required;
• Controlling audit assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales;
• Act as a point of contact for Managers, Directors and client, ensuring all are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit;
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
• Responds to the needs of the client and staff;
• Can make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
• Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
• Identifies opportunities and prospects for new work.
• Responsibility for all aspects of planning including resourcing, coordinating manager and partner activities, budgets, client meetings and visits;
• Draft engagement terms to a standard which can be sent directly to the client;
• Perform a review of the audit universe, including an assessment of the systems and controls, identifying key audit risks as a result of this review;
• Produce the Terms of Reference (ToR) to detail the strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the ToR to the client; and
• Organise and prepare the agenda for and chair team meetings and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team.
Controlling the assignment/fieldwork
• Complete the more complex areas of the assignments.
• Delegate appropriately and provide on-the-job training to assistants and seniors.
• Review the work of assistants and seniors and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourage other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
• Capture audit findings as they are identified.
• Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Communicate with other departments (e.g. Tax) and pass on all relevant information.
• Be aware of developments concerning client’s affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
• Closedown of audit files.
• Ensure standards and procedures are maintained by the whole team and complete audit work with review points cleared.
• Draft audit report summary for the Manager and Partner, draft audit report, and any other reports including audit committee papers.
• Attendance at audit close meeting.
• Keep technically up to date;
• Ensure awareness of firm’s specialist services and publications;
• Assist with Graduate recruitment, training and marketing activities as required;
• Maintain time records and appraisal records;
• Complete assignment reviews within two weeks of the end of the engagement and obtain partner sign off (for both own appraisals and for those of other members of the team); and
• Take full responsibility for the assignment.
• Educated to degree level and qualified ACA/ACCA,IIA,CII or equivalent
• Experience of delivering internal audits in professional practice or in-house team
• Experience of following a risk based audit approach;
• As this position involves client contact, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required;
• Desire to help grow and develop the department;
• Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
• Ability to identify issues thought sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations;
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication;
• Ability to develop self and others;
• Begins to develop a network of client contacts; and
• Take ownership of projects, effectively delegate to others within the team and take responsibility for quality control.
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international acc
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'