Are you seeking a new challenge working for a world class organisation who are a major player within the reinsurance sector?
Our clients empowers their people who deliver a lean operating model as a core performance enabler which is at the heart of their long-term strategy and success.
The finance function is critical to fostering a focus on value creation across the business, leading on automation and efficiency initiatives, whilst providing insight to management on the development of business performance.
Ideally you will be a Qualified accountant with 2-3 years post-qualification experience.
Statutory and management reporting Knowledge of IFRS 17 would be advantageous.
Ideally you will have experience within Life Insurance/ Life Reinsurance sectors
This role is within Technical Accounting in our clients Finance function.
- Measuring financial performance of our core insurance contracts,
- You will lead the financial and operational onboarding of key client arrangements, ensuring implementation of accurate and timely technical accounting data for downstream analysis, reporting and decision-making.
- Working closely with the business teams to develop leading treaty performance analysis, commentary, and MI, and seek to drive performance improvements and value-adding activities across the portfolio.
- Seek out, design, and implement improvements to existing business processes to optimise the end-to-end onboarding and administration of client account data.
- Provide financial and operational insight to the business, identifying leading indicators to trigger value-adding activity on open treaties.
- Work closely with the Data Management team to ensure onboarding and administration processes provide data in line with business requirements.
- Design and maintain excellent standards of control and governance across the UK Life Branch reinsurance accounting processes.
- Using expert knowledge and application of IFRS accounting requirements.
- Support commercial and reporting initiatives to optimise value creation for the Group.
- Act as subject matter expert for technical accounting and reinsurance operations, including knowledge and application of IFRS 17 with the other departments in the Branch and with Home Office.
- Lead and participate in both local and Group projects as required.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the Business network to share best practice and deliver optimised business processes.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of high-quality client account data within contractual boundaries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines and able to make quick decisions.
- A self-starter who takes the lead in delivering positive outcomes for the branch.
- Problem solving uncovers information to identify causal links.
- Strong analytical skills, root cause analysis, solution development, and implementation skills
- Uses a variety of tools/techniques to break down complex issues and spots trends, patterns, and interdependencies between issues.
- Assess risks and is pragmatic when developing solutions.
- Team Worker Strong team player who is key in building a positive team culture.
- Able to build strong, cross-functional collaborative relationships. Engages partners, encourages others to build relationships, and brings together diverse stakeholders to deliver objectives.
- Strong influencer who can identify and influence key stakeholders, both internally and externally and resolve conflict.
- Negotiates confidently whilst maintaining relationships, building support and buy-in for ideas. Adapts communication style depending on audience.
- Innovation and continuous improvement Create and tests out new idea and improvements that have a significant impact on the business operations or service offering.
- Identifies new ways of working and encourages ideas from own team / department and creates processes and inducements for team members to generate and test out ideas.
- Great communication and presentation skills, able to Systems, problem solving, negotiation, convey complex ideas and messages through visual influencing, sales verbal, and written media to a wide range of audiences.
- Ideally you will be an experienced accountant with strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Knowledge of SAP finance systems would be an advantage.
- Comfortable working with complex issues to deliver practical outcomes.
- Active listener able to elicit information from relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator through verbal and written channels across stakeholder groups and audiences.
- Detail-oriented but does not lose sight of the big picture.
- Develops and applies information-driven approaches to solve critical business questions in a practical manner with tangible results.Our client is offering Remote working based 2days in office working 3 days from home, could be flexible if different work pattern required to consider the role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'