Instructor at Zip World Slate Caverns in Blaenau Ffestiniog
Zip World opened in 2013 with 8 employees running the fastest zip line in the world from a small office in Bethesda. Five years later, the Zip World Family has grown to over 300 staff operating nine unique adventures at three stunning locations in north Wales. Zip World aims to be the most recommended experience brand in the world through the provision extraordinary adventure experiences in spectacular environments.
Location: Zip World Slate Caverns, Blaenau Ffestiniog
The Zip World Instructor role:
We require the very best to join our fast growing team. We need energetic, articulate and passionate staff focused on delivering an excellent service to our discerning customer base.
Each day is different at Zip World. As a Zip World Instructor you will welcome customers and prepare them to take part on our adventures. You will ensure our guests have a great time, even those who are not participating. Prior to our guests taking part on our adventures, one of your duties may involve you will fit and removing harnesses and PPE correctly followed with instructing and briefing customers on their adventure experience. Another part of your role will be preparing our customers to go down the zip wire ensuring their experience is not only safe, but one to remember.
We will take care of providing you with the training and support you need to be confident and successful in your role. Whilst working at Zip World, you will be offered training opportunities and gain a wide range of transferable skills.
Hours: A minimum of 68 hours per month - fixed term averaged over a 6 month period based on a rota system implemented by Zip World.
The employment contract offered would be fixed term, for one season only. The core season will be April to October. Extensions for weekends and holidays may be offered.
Hourly rate: You shall be paid at the National Minimum Wage rate for the initial training period only. On successful completion of the training period, your rate of pay shall increase to £8.50.
- Is highly motivated
- Have an exceptionally high regard for safety and able to work under own initiative without supervision
- Ability to positively interact with a wide range of groups and individuals
- Able to follow strict procedures consistently and repeatedly on our adventures
- Be able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic environment
- High energy levels with a cheerful attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- Basic first aid certificate to be obtained prior to start date
- Must like working outdoors
- Must be able to follow company procedures diligently
- Customer service experience
- Previous outdoor adventure experience
- To have visited a Zip World site
Staff Package: In return for your hard working commitment you will be entitled to a number of Zip World benefits, including;
- A number of free and discounted tickets on any of our adventures
- Food & Beverage discounts at our sites
- Discount on partner clothing, e.g, Garmin, Cotswold, Mountain Equipment etc
- Discount on other local attractions
- Social events throughout the year
Weekends, bank holidays, school holidays are our busiest times. Your working hours will be reflective of this.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job