We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn.
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender - lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Information Security Manager at our head office in Bradford.
Working within the Information Security team you will be tasked with taking responsibility for risk assessments and gap analysis exercises while working with various business units to implement the required remediation, whilst collaborating with other members of the organisation to identify appropriate and effective information security controls.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Project manage the scoping, planning and execution of risk assessments and coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Perform information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Risk papers and assessment findings will need to be prepared to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Administrators, staff and management will need to be advised on various operational issues related to information systems and on general business operations as needed, as well as Follow ups on assessment findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Coordinate and interact with internal and external auditors while mentoring other staff in the use of assessment and compliance techniques.
- Defining security testing requirements in projects & BAU services, and relaying the results back to key stakeholders in IT and the business.
- Key Risk Indicators need to be managed and defined, and you will need to provide commentary to key stakeholders to ensure risk levels are fully understood.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A strong background in risk assessment & management
- Planning and project management of multiple assignments.
- Experience utilizing project plans, issue logs, risk/ mitigation strategies, governance risk controls.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in researching, collecting and analyzing complex data and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Experience of Incident, problem, change and release processes.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it's not the only one. We'll invest in your development - giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you'll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we'll give you a package including Car allowance, 10% Bonus, and company pension, and a whole range of other benefits besides.
- IT security AND risk assessment AND project management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job