Temp Information Policy Administrator
based City Centre - pay £11.63
start asap - 6 months
The post is based in the Information Policy Team, which is responsible for ensuring the GMC complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, Freedom of Information Act 2000, and other information rights legislation. We are currently engaged in a significant project to prepare the GMC for the General Data Protection Regulation.
You will assist the Information Governance Manager and Information Systems Project Manager with the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation and support the team's information governance role.
1. Arranging meetings, including room booking and liaising with managers and Executive Assistants as needed.
2. Taking minutes of meetings, circulating draft minutes and producing final drafts for sign-off.
3. Collating board papers and distributing in advance of project board meetings.
4. Liaising with external customers and providing general administrative support in respect of the Medical Register data download service.
5. Acting as an initial point of contact for information governance questions, and forwarding requests as appropriate.
6. Constructing and maintaining team databases in Microsoft Excel via the organisation's electronic document management system
7. Contributing to the planning and implementation of projects within the team
8. Co-ordinating and supporting document management requirements under the direction of the Information Policy colleagues
9. To assist with the administrative preparation for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation
10. Filing and retrieving documents/case files accurately
11. Representing the Information Policy Team at meetings as required
12. Proactively making suggestions for improvements in procedures
13. Such other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job