I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Governance Officer to join a local authority in the Nottingham area on a full time basis. This role will be based remotely until things go back to normal and will then be based from a local office in the Westbridgeford area.
- Provide subject specific, technical Information Governance advice, guidance, support, challenge and performance reporting to a named department(s)
- Provide thematic subject matter expertise on aspects of Information Governance
- Contribute to the provision of a quality corporate information governance service
1. To act as a point of contact and provide detailed, subject specific, technical Information Governance advice, guidance, support, challenge and performance reporting to named department(s) / service group(s) so that it can comply with all aspects of Data Protection law and IG good practice.
2. To have a strategic and operational responsibility for one or more areas of IG work (e.g. IG training; privacy notices etc) and act as a professional consultant.
3. To actively participate in functional business meetings as a technical IG advisor.
4. To work with business leads, other colleagues (e.g. Procurement, ICT etc) and external stakeholders to support the development and approval of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs); Information Sharing and Data Processing Agreements; Privacy Notices etc.
5. To facilitate and provide technical advice to enable the creation and maintenance of an accurate Council-wide Information Asset Register and Record of Processing Activities and analyse and report on associated risks.
6. To undertake quality assurance and remediation work arising from identified gaps and risks in IG in the Council.
7. To support the Data Protection Officer and operational managers in conducting robust investigations of data breaches, producing investigation reports recommending actions to avoid future breaches within the same business unit and across the Council. Supporting and monitoring the implementation of agreed follow-up actions.
8. To develop materials (including for Information Governance information on the Council’s internal and external websites) and deliver engaging awareness raising / training / briefing as required e.g. to elected members; at Leadership Teams etc and ensure
9. To develop and maintain documentary evidence of IG compliance across the Council, analyse performance and produce reports recommending improvements (where appropriate).
10. To conduct research into current and future business requirements and define and deliver IG improvement projects.
11. To ensure awareness of current legislation, case law, policies and practices etc. in respect of IG and data protection and translate that into self and service improvement.
You must have experience working in a similar role to be considered. Please apply below
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'