Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers. We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, and the US. Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
We take the fair treatment of customers seriously. Where we have not delivered the right customer outcome, it is essential that we resolve the incident quickly, efficiently, consistently and fairly, whilst observing our regulatory obligations. To this end, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Incident Manager, to have oversight of new incidents, personally manage the most complex, and offer advice and guidance in the case of those of lower severity.
- Triage new incidents
- Personally manage and own the progression of the most severe incidents through to remediation stage.
- Management of the higher severity category of incidents within BUPAs 1LOD Incident Management process and the oversight of lower severity incidents being managed by Functional Business Areas
- Provide expert guidance and SME knowledge of the Incident Process to stakeholders of all levels
- Monitor the progression of incidents, proactively intervening where appropriate, to ensure that Incidents are progressed through to closure in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate reporting to internal stakeholders, on the status of Incidents from inception to closure
- Establish a continuous improvement cycle
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to ensure appropriate mitigation
- Ensure lessons are formally embedded into BUPA's policies, processes and procedures.
- Determine the approach adopted for the resolution of each Insurance Incident. and support the delivery of the right outcome for our customers
- An expert understanding and the application of the incident management process within Bupa Insurance Limited will be critical to this role
- A knowledge of Bupa Insurance Products, Policies & Procedures will be highly advantageous.
- Experience of operating within a regulated environment.
- Recent and relevant knowledge of ICOBS, SISP & FCA Handbook desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of regulatory developments and key issues affecting regulated firms
- The ability to communicate complex information and situations in a meaningful manner to wide and varied stakeholder audiences
- A proven ability to operate across management levels, with a confident, pragmatic, influential stakeholder management style.
Well, it's a great place to work.
Bupa is a brand name to be proud of. We offer a generous salary, great benefits including pension, incredible health insurance (even more than you'd expect!) life insurance, 25 days' holiday, free fruit every day, Dress for the Day and a multitude of additional perks. And it's a great work environment. Our offices and teams are busy, professional and friendly.
We are also committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you'd like to find out more, click on the link below to see the full Job Description and apply. We hope to hear from you soon
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job