Our client is looking for an experienced Operator on Import Sea Freight side, with previous experience of Import LCL/Consolidations services (NVOCC). Full container load experience is also preferred.
The ideal candidate needs to be experienced in bookings received/sailed, scheduling and call forwards. The role will include looking after the company's VIP accounts so excellent communication is essential, along with impeccable customer service skills.
The annual salary for this role is between £23,000 - £29,000 dependent on experience.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30 (may require additional hours to be worked on occasions).
Role to include:
- Liaising with overseas partners/agents.
- Contacting clients to obtain all information/paperwork relating to current import shipments.
- Checking paperwork received, meets with requirements to grant release.
- Raising sales Invoices, allocation of costings for supplier's invoices.
- Liaising with carriers and UK depots to arrange for devanning of containers and releases / deliveries to door as required.
- Quoting of rates to clients / overseas agents, as per company tariffs.
- Loading of data into Freight system (Cargowise).
- High levels of customer service essential, with the ability to maximise file profitability.
- A general understanding of Import customs clearance procedures.
- Good team communication skills.
- Excellent telephone manner along with written skills.
- High level of accuracy in all work undertaken.
- Team player.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web.