DCG UK is an international logistics company, specialising in international, 3rd-party and freight forwarding business. Our Essex office are currently recruiting an experienced import operation clerk to operate daily operations. The successful candidate will have well experience in the industry, and familiar with FCL/LCL/Air import operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick up each job for customers that you are handling in our system, our system will only show the shipment should be handled by you
- Contacting customer for doing the entry make sure we have the correct commodity tariff code, or search the correct commodity code based on the HS code that customer provide; Collect relevant information(packaging list, commercial invoice, customer's VAT/EORI No., deferment account if they have) from customer for the entry, and send the entry form to our clearance broker. Our system can generate the form automatic as long as you have put the information into the system.
- Booking delivery based on customer need and provide professional advice to the customer, for example when is the last free day for delivery, etc.
- Monitoring the delivery, and updating anything that might happened causing the delay, tell the customer as quick as you know, and keep them update.
- Put relevant cost and invoice amount into our system, make sure all the amount is correct, generate the invoice send to customer at least 3 days before delivery, and collect the payment before the delivery if customer don't have credit term with us.
- Support our customers to sort possibly issue out, provide professional solutions.
- Reply emails on time, and do not leave today's email to tomorrow.
- Because we are multinational company, our sales team are in China, so candidates sometimes to email our China office for relevant matters.
- Proven experience in logistics industry is essential. Candidates should be with at least 3 years operation background
- Solid understanding of the transport operations, et.: familiar with each stage of operating the shipment from Far east to our customer’s warehouse.
- Ability to deal with complexity, work independently with initiative, self-motivation and discipline;
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Proactive trouble-shooter; be able to identify issues and coordinate the resources necessary to resolve problems to the customer's satisfaction
- Candidate who's working in well-known freight forwarding company would be a bonus when we thinking about
- Candidate who's living in Essex area would be better.
We are offering:
Working Hour 8:30am to 17:30pm, 1 hour lunch break from 12-14pm, pick any hour you would like.
Monthly dinner paid by company
Annual Bonus in the end of the year
Inviting best performance employee to China join the DCG group's annual party, and simple touring in Shenzhen& Hongkong, all fee paid by company.
- International Logistics
- Freight Forwarding