The Hygiene Supervisor will be responsible for the co-ordination of operational activities of the hygiene department, as well as the supervision, motivation and development of their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure employee and product safety at all time by ensuring; full training is given, adherence to company and UK safety standards. Complete health and safety documentation for the shift.
• To co-ordinate -via Team Leaders- all Hygiene Shift personal, to ensure hygiene is completed to schedule, whilst maintaining a safe, efficient and cost effective operation
• To maximise continuous improvement opportunities in all areas, through the review of operations and implementing improvements
• Motivate and encourage a team by developing team work and supporting effective communications
• To work with HR to select and develop colleagues
• Accepting personal accountability for health and safety, training and development, resolution of first level employee relation issues and concerns
• Setting targets, ensuring these are measured and monitored and to capture Key Performance Indications, minimising waste
• Budgetary control of the shift, reducing spend where possible and drive cost saving ideas
• Work with other departments in a team approach to provide an effective and efficient service to the Factory Manager and departments
Education, Skills and Qualifications
• Degree or HND qualified, preferably in a food related subject would be advantageous
• Food Hygiene certification desirable
• Proven manufacturing experience within a FMCG industry, with experience in food processing preferred
• Demonstrated experience in management in a production environment
• Self-driven with the ability to encourage and motivate others
• Formal qualifications in management advantageous but not essential
• Intermediate IT skills
• Ability to interpret and analyse data to give meaningful reports and actions
• Proven communication skills and team building ability
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'