We're creating a brand new in-house development team – and we need you to help build & lead it.
Following in the steps of Argos, Sainsburys, Tescos, M & S – New Look’s transforming into a true digital company – we’d like you to help that happen.
Historically our development’s been outsourced – we’ve recognised the huge benefit of an in-house team so we’re now looking for a Hybris tech lead to help build, lead and motivate it.
If you’ve ever wanted to have the freedom to set up a whole new team from scratch, influencing what tools and processes to implement, having responsibility for our technical approach - then this is for you.
Retail is fast paced and exciting – and that applies to our development as well. We work hard and play hard in an environment where proactive and energetic teams thrive. We will put you in a position to be able build a world class team capable of writing and deploying an industry leading eCommerce platform.
Some of your key day to day work will include:
• Being a key member of our scrum team – you’ll be the technical authority on all things Hybris.
• Working alongside our UX/UI designers to implement best practices in accessibility and responsive interfaces.
• Working in tandem with the recruitment team to hire the team (meetups, interviewing, attending industry events…)
• Taking a pragmatic, outcome based approach in the use of Agile.
• Working with our delivery and service partners to deliver changes into large complex projects
We want to speak to people who:
• Have commercial experience of deploying large-scale Hybris projects.
• Have lead teams before – you relish the people-aspect of the job.
• Have a ton of commercial experience developing in Java.
• Have a passion for exploring and finding practical uses for new tech.
• Eat, sleep and breathe all things tech.
• Evangelise development practices to the unconverted – whether it’s Agile, TDD, CI…
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes, what more could you want?