TUI UK & Ireland is part of the Mainstream Sector of TUI Travel PLC, one of the world’s leading international leisure travel companies, with over 240 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers.
Our organisation comprises many instantly recognisable brands and leading tour operators such as Thomson and First Choice, circa 750 Retail shops and the world’s largest charter airline, Thomson Airways.
The sub-divisions within the IT function which partner and support business leaders with their strategies include IT Solutions, IT Portfolio Management, IT Service Delivery, IT Office, IT Strategy & Architecture and Business Improvement teams.
We are located in Luton (just over 20 minutes from central London).
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business and all aspects of our agile software development life cycle. The candidate will be a central part of team delivering changes across the web stack. This role will focus on improving the SEO value and output in conjunction with UI developers and SEO analysts.
What we are looking for
- Hybris Certification is required
- Experience of system integration technologies, e.g. messaging and web services
- You should be an expert in Java and be able to write, moderate and coach high quality Java software development
- Strong experience of Spring (2.5 or above)
- Experience of ORM frameworks, e.g. Hibernate, JPA
- Experience of RDBMS, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Expert in Hybris foundational concepts, data modelling with Hybris and integrations.
- Excellent knowledge in Hybris core concepts & commerce concepts, development of extensions & add-ons.
- Expert in Hybris WCMS, Cockpits, Cron jobs, internationalization, personalization, security concepts and REST. Should have experience in Hybris Accelerator.
- Should be strong in Hybris Core modules, ImpEX, FlexibleSearch
- Outstanding organizational skills for project administration and time estimation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at a senior level
- You are a proactive and communicative team player with a critical, yet result-oriented and positive attitude
- Proficient in Linux and Windows Server system administration
- Experience of Spring-MVC
- Experience of system integrations using JMS, web services, or ETL tools
- Experience with B2B and B2C
- Integrating with 3rd party catalogue management service providers
- Have configuration management experience—hands on with Puppet, Chef or other cloud-based provisioning tools
- Scripting in Bash
- Expertise with variety of build release and management process such as GIT, SVN
- Experience with build automation tools (Team City/ Hudson, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of build release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch/merging oriented work flow
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'