Job Purpose: The role of HR/Payroll Administrator is to deliver an efficient high quality HR/Payroll service to all Council employees and stakeholders in line with Hub service level agreements and the corporate standards.
1. Support customers with tier 1 queries relating to HR, Payroll and Pensions, including conditions of service, statutory and voluntary deductions.
2. Ensure that information contained on the recruitment data base is accurate and accessible to managers and job applicants.
3. Provide guidance to managers on compilation of recruitment documentation and recruitment & selection and redeployment procedures and policies.
4. Undertake a range of administration duties to support the resolution of customer enquiries and to deliver the overall HR/Payroll service.
5. To ensure that all administration work in relation to New Starters and Leavers is completed, and relevant letters, payments and notifications are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provide information and assist employees of the Council with estimates of benefits on retirement and redundancy for employees.
7. Update and amend both computerised and manual records for all customer transactions in a timely and effective manner whilst ensuring accurate recording of information is maintained, including compliance with statutory and other regulations.
8. To have a general understanding of HMRC rules in respect of tax, NI, SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, student loans and Pension Regulations.
9. Carry out calculations (including gross to net calculations).
10. Access, interrogate and update information systems to provide information to managers and employees in a suitable format e.g. Agresso, Talentlink, Pension Scheme Portals, etc.
11. Deal with customers at reception, when required, ensuring customers are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
12. To be able to deal effectively with general queries, recognising when to escalate the query to a more senior team colleague.
13. Ability to work using own initiative, effectively managing and prioritisng own workload in order to keep outstanding work to a minimum.
14. Demonstrate a flexible attitude, being prepared to work cross functionally to cover the diverse types of work within the HR/Payroll Teams in order to meet fluctuations in demand.
15. Support continuous improvement within the HR/Payroll Teams and help to develop the service by working with partners and contributing ideas based on first hand experience and customer feedback.
16. Take ownership for personal development, career growth and building own HR/Payroll skills and business knowledge including keeping up to date with changes in policies and procedures
People: The job involves limited, or no, direct responsibility for the supervision, direction or co-ordination of other employees. The work may involve demonstration of own duties, or advice and guidance, to new employees, or others..
Finance: The job involves limited, or no, direct responsibility for financial resources. The work may involve occasionally handling small amounts of cash, processing cheques, invoices or equivalent.
Physical Resources: The job involves direct responsibility for handling and processing of considerable amounts of computerised information, where care, accuracy, confidentiality and security are important.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job