An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies that Inspire Britain.
As the HR Advisor for NJC you will provide qualitative support to line managers, through best people practises and management processes. You will also offer first line advice, full case management as well as assisting the HR Director in change programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide practical and specialist advice to support line managers on a full range of employee relation issues including disciplinary and grievance with agreed time-frames, escalated from the line manager or HR team.
- Provide the relevant correspondence and documentation to managers, employees and payroll regarding the above.
- Deliver coaching solutions to line managers on employee relation issues for improved handling of cases, escalating any issues with serious business/legal risk to the HR Director.
- To assist the business in attracting and retaining the best people, by delivering end to end resourcing and on boarding processes.
- To assist managers in monitoring employee absence as required.
- Generating HR analysis for board directorate and line managers.
- Understand challenges that business managers face and assist the HR Director in the implementation of business linked HR strategy and policy development.
- To assist the HR team with the roll out of workshops to managers covering policies, procedures and HR best practice.
- Support the HR Director with restructure projects.
- Support the HR Administrator in daily duties and provide guidance where required.
Skills & Qualifications
- To demonstrate experience in dealing with ER Cases from investigation to conclusion
- To demonstrate an understanding of TUPE processes and develop knowledge in processes
- Experience in HR transactional processes.
- To demonstrate experience in Stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness and working within a diverse workforce.
- CIPD qualified.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives.
- Case Management
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- CIPD qualified