Role: People Advisor/People Manager (HR)
Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 per week)
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
My client is recognised as a 3 Star Best Company to Work for and achieved a top 30 place in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list in 2018, along with achieving a specialist award for Innovation in Engagement. Their core philosophy is to invest in our people so they can be ‘a great place to work and a great company to deal with’, with customers and communities at our heart.
This position is an ideal opportunity for a People (HR) Advisor looking to move forward into a HR management position within the next 2-3 years, or a People (HR) Manager at the early stages of their career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day ‘People’ tasks including; recruitment and selection, training analysis and coordination, performance management, administration as required for all elements and inclusion and participation in people and engagement events.
The successful candidate must have a passion for working with people, a proven track record in a HR advisory role and will need to have a healthy understanding of employment law and policies.
• Providing efficient, professional, safe and legal HR advice and support to divisional heads, managers and team leaders across the organisation.
• Management of recruitment and selection processes, including advert promotion, talent searching, telephone, group and individual interviews and associated administration.
• Supporting the wider team as necessary with offers of employment, induction and orientation plans, policy roll out etc
• Proactive and reactive performance management as required (disciplinary, capability & grievance)
• Management and coordination of training across the group (analysis, booking & coordination/administration and management of real-time training plans etc.)
• Coordination of internal online training platform
• Support the Head of People and Divisional Heads as necessary to meet the people and engagement needs of the business
Essential key skills and attributes required:
As well as exhibiting our company behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following:
• Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK and have own transport
• Previous experience in a HR advisory or management position
• Previous experience managing and coordinating company training requirements
• Previous experience managing recruitment processes from vacancy to induction
• Knowledge of current employment law legislation
• Excellent literacy and communication skills are essential
• Ability to liaise with people at various different levels and work across multiple teams
• Energy, passion and excellent people and relationship development skills
• A ‘hands on’ proactive approach and excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
• Intermediate levels of computer literacy and be comfortable with Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Positive and professional attitude and be smart in appearance
• The ability to work as a team member in a busy and fast paced working environment
• Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression
• Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked
Desirable skills and attributes required:
• CIPD Level 3, 5 or 7 qualified, or working towards a relevant qualification
My client is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. They are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services.
As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.