Currently recruiting a HR Admin Assistant (part-time, 22.5 hours a week), based in Edinburgh for a permanent position.
Well know business
On a day-to-day basis, the post-holder has the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Regularly monitor the recruitment and HR inboxes and ensure that enquiries are replied to or passed to the relevant HR team member
- Respond promptly to job applicants that come via recruitment campaigns or speculative enquiries and undertake general recruitment related tasks
- Process paperwork that is submitted to the HR team such as fitness for work statements and pension applications, and where applicable, record and update the details on the HR database
- File employee paperwork in individual paper files
- Cross-check data that is entered on the HR database by colleagues as required by our processes e.g. sickness absence reasons, change of personal details or performance and development review paperwork
- Amend or add employee salary information, allowances and other payments due
- Process new colleagues, ensuring contracts and relevant paperwork are sent promptly and that information is returned, updated on the HR database and passed to payroll in time for the payroll deadline
- Carry out tasks to manage recruitment and leaver paperwork to adhere to the Company's GDPR compliant retention policy
- Add and check information added by others to the HR database for new permanent, seasonal and casual colleagues
- Process leavers in line with HR team practices
- Ensure that all tasks that relate to payments or salary deductions are dealt with promptly, taking into account the payroll deadline
- Assist with the administration of annual salary reviews and ad hoc salary changes
- Maintain the HR car parking allocation log
- Use mail merge to generate employee communications and prepare individual letters as required
- Refer to, follow and update the HR 'How To' manual
- Respond promptly to employee and external queries, taking advice as required or passing more complicated queries to another member of the team
- Type up notes from meetings and disciplinary/grievance hearings
- Open and distribute HR mail
- Arrange flowers and cards for colleagues
- Book travel and arrange hire cars
- Follow the correct HR checklist to ensure work is completed accurately
- Ensure all work is checked via peer review
- Be familiar with, and adhere to at all times, Company policies and guidance which include, health & safety, GDPR and information security. Information on these are made available to colleagues via the handbook/web-based resources and will be amended from time to time.
- Co-operate with your colleagues to ensure that the business is a safe place to work and visit. Inform a manager or a member of the safety team if you have any concerns or questions.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time and are consistent with the responsibilities of the role.
We want to hear from candidates who have the skills listed below and who can demonstrate the personal traits and behaviours that are key to success in this role.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, especially Word & Outlook
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Effective time management
- Strong Organisation skills
Personal traits & behaviours
- A can do attitude and willingness to provide support and assistance to colleagues
- Positive and flexible approach and be willing to work out of hours when required
- Enthusiasm for the role and high standards of work
We are looking for candidates who have these qualifications and experince:
Qualifications and/or professional membership
- National 5/ GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Previous admin experience
- Experience of database entry is helpful, though not essential
- 22.5 hours a week
- "HR Assistant"
- "HR Administrator"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'