Housing Manager, South Croydon
Langley House Trust has opportunity for a dynamic Housing Manager to join our team based in London, on a full time basisworking a minimum of 37 hours per week, some of which will be unsocial. The post may require you to work from a different location from time to time. We are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary of £32,326.00 per annum plus London Weight Allowance of £2, 000.
Langley House Trust is an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders and those at risk of offending seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results.
Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
Langley House Trust is a national Christian charity specialising in providing at-risk marginalised groups (including those leaving prison) with accommodation, support and rehabilitation in a supportive Christian environment.
As our Housing Manager you will manage the growth and delivery of housing management and inclusive services, a stable and effective service to our clients, through the efficient delivery of the day-to-day services; within the London region, mainly covering Croydon, Brent and Wandsworth within set budgets and to the agreed levels of quality as defined within the Langley House Trust Business Plan, Quality Assurance Strategy and Key Performance Indicators.
Responsibilities of our Housing Manager include:
- Maintain agreed staffing levels by recruiting high quality staff in conjunction with your line manager and the HR Department
- Ensure that there are fair and equitable rotas that provide safe levels of cover at all times within the project
- Ensure that the Trust buildings you manage are maintained to a safe and habitable standard and that all defects and repairs are reported
- Manage the referral process within the project
- Support statutory agencies in the monitoring of risk
- Ensure the team is fully briefed on the tenants and referrals in an appropriate way
- Ensure that the level of risk posed by service users is fully assessed and managed to safe and acceptable levels to protect the public, staff and other service users.
- Ensure that service users are empowered within the Housing Law and meet the Trust and other regulatory body requirements
- Ensure that all rent and occupancy payments are collected in a timely manner and the Trust’s Rent Arrears Procedure is followed exactly and recorded on QLx (the Trust’s housing management database/programme).
To become our Housing Manager you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Literate to write letters and reports & numerate to complete statistical returns
- Familiar with computer packages including Word, Excel, email and allied computer skills
- 2 years management/supervisory experience at management level within the Housing Sector
- Experience of occupancy management
- Strong experience of rent collection and arrears management
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the welfare system and abreast with the changing legislation
- Ability to use IT to research, benchmark and produce policy and financial reports.
- Self starter, able to work independently, politically astute, outcome focused, solution focussed.
- Ability to occasionally attend the Project at nights, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Able to travel.
- Ability to participate fully in on-call rota.
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Housing Manager please click 'Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 24th February 2018
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants. No Agencies or C.V’s
Please note that a satisfactory DBS check is required for all appointments within the Trust and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.