BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Somerfield Hospital has a vacancy for a Housekeeper (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Housekeeping department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Housekeeping experience.
- General secondary education.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of good cleaning practices
- Able to complete paper work and training as required
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
- Able to converse with all levels
- Experience of working in a hospital environment is desirable but not essential
- Dealing with customers’ requirements and/or complaints.
Duties of this role include:
- To participate, as an active member of the housekeeping team in maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the hospital, responding to the challenge of ensuring a pleasant environment for all patients, visitors, staff and colleagues.
- To clean areas as designated in work schedules or as requested by the Support Services Manager.
- To ensure that cleaning supplies are requested or replenished in line with departmental policies and procedures.
- To ensure laundry process is followed.
- To ensure the correct use of cleaning materials and understand any hazards associated with their use.
- To care for equipment used in the department and ensure that it is stored safely when not in use.
- To bring to the notice of the Support Services Manager any defective equipment or damage to the fabric of the building.
- To be aware of all aspects of security and to bring all lost and found items to the attention of the support Services Manager or other appropriate manager/supervisor.
- To participate in any in-service training and give tuition as required.
- To be familiar with all aspects of the Health and Safety Policy: Fire Procedures; COSHH; Manual Handling SHE etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.