Role: Highways Engineer & S.278 Manager
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Negotiable - dependent on experience
Company Car: Included
Who are EG Group?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
Our Property Team have an opportunity available for a Highways Engineer & S.278 Manager. Reporting directly to the Development Director and liaising closely with other senior management including Company CEO, the Highways Engineer & S.278 Manager is responsible for the delivery of engineering designs, statutory sign-off and managing legal agreements to ensure that new developments can be opened in a timely manner.
Working closely with external consultants and in house colleagues, this position advises on site layouts for new to industry projects.
This role requires an engineering background and detailed knowledge of the Highways Act and relevant sections from the Planning Acts. Day to day work includes, developing highway design solutions, tendering work packages, scrutinising fees & tender returns, engaging with Council Highways teams and Highways England and in house lawyers to agree and close s.278 agreements.
Projects vary from minor amendments to existing vehicular access ways to new roadside developments to managing major road improvements involving numerous stakeholders. Regular contact with statutory authorities including Highways England, Environment Agency, Coal Authority, Planning authorities.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Managing the design of new road infrastructure alongside the planning process to achieve a quick turnaround for site delivery
- Managing the S278 (Highways Act) processes and working with specialist consultants to ensure approved designs
- Liaising and negotiating with statutory bodies to provide the best cost effective solutions and to address any complications in the design process (Highways and Drainage)
- Managing S38 agreements under the Highways Act (Road adoptions)
- Working closely with the Planning team to ensure planning conditions are managed and discharged effectively
- Responding to matters of enforcement (Highways and Planning) and concluding matters efficiently
- Attending meetings with Highways England and Highways authorities to reach agreement on proposed highway designs
- Undertaking tender reviews and procurement via NEC suite of contracts
- Managing and maintaining stakeholder relationships within contractors, vendors and other interested parties
- Working closely with the Property Team to ensure constructions packages are instructed and delivered to the Construction Team
What’s in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it’s our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Work Anniversary Awards
- Employee Discounts
- Free Parking
- Waterside Cafe
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service
- Learning & Development
- Free Eye Test
- Progression & Career Opportunities
- Compassionate Leave
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'