Highways Director-SME Consultancy Leeds
Hays Civil Engineering is delighted to be working on a retained basis with a thriving SME consultancy in Leeds, West Yorkshire to appoint a Highways Director.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
They offer specialist civil, structural, and environmental engineering solutions to their established client base. They have a solid reputation for quality project delivery, and a flourishing order book, reflecting their well-established position in the market. A company with over 200 employees, many of whom have long-service and have progressed consistently.
ABOUT THE ROLE
With an already established and extensive portfolio of clients, this thriving SME Engineering Consultancy is known for first-class quality project delivery and repeat business, in addition to a consistent and progressive order book.
They are seeking to appoint a highly commercial and technically focused Highways Director to contribute to their UK growth and retain their positive reputation in the market. This is a newly created role and a strategic appointment to work with executive teams and shareholders to ensure long-term strategic goals are achieved and exceeded, including highways projects and client growth.
- Leadership for the existing Highways team, imparting your technical expertise and mentoring future engineering talent.
- You will lead on Highways projects, including financial management, budget, costs and allocating appropriate resources.
- Lead and direct bidding efforts for new highway projects.
- Work as a critical part of the management team, autonomously responsible for the discipline's short, medium and long-term objectives
- Accountable for client relationship management and development
- To be successful in your application, you will have a proven track record of winning new work, developing teams, and ensuring high quality project delivery and ongoing service to clients.
- You'll hold a senior position within an engineering consultancy, specifically leading complex highway projects, and you will be ambitious and passionate about leading a discipline, resulting in growth of the Highways business UK wide.
- A chartered engineer that is educated to a degree level, with ample experience in a consultancy environment, delivering complex highway projects.
- A technical lead on projects and across the business, with high levels of technical competence in the design of highways projects.
- As a commercial lead, and able to head-up Bid Management and have a proven track record of bid writing, tender price estimations and proven ability to win new work.
- You will be commercially savvy and capable of developing strong working relationships, and managing a diverse range of stakeholders with excellent commercial acumen.
- UK project experience is essential, in particular, complex and high-value highways project delivery would be a distinct advantage.
- As the discipline lead you will be hands-on, visible and appreciate the complexities of doing this within an SME environment.
What you'll get in return
- An opportunity to join an established consultancy, offering the autonomy to run the Highways discipline and the strategic goals for future success, by further developing strong new and existing client relationships and maintaining their reputation for quality delivery and ongoing service.
- As a business, they take pride in offering their people consistent progression. Their people are their main priority, which is why they offer a flexible and hybrid working environment for those that choose to utilise it. They also ensure the Leeds office is open 5 days a week for individuals that prefer to work in an office environment too.
- They retain their people by offering long-term, stable, and progressive careers, including supporting continued learning and setting career goals suited to the individual and business.
- A competitive package is available, and you can expect to achieve a basic salary of up to £85k depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits associated with this level of appointment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please call Karly Clark- Head of Engineering, on or click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
- Civil Engineering
- Project delivery
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'