My Client a leading Retail and Wholesale Group are looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager to manage the Southern Region. The role will report directly into the Health & Safety Director with 2 direct reports. The role will encompass a large geographical region so candidates will need to demonstrate their ability for flexibility and a willingness to be on the road with nights out expected up to 3-4 a month ( company car is included in the overall package).
The primary purpose of the role is to support regional and local Managers in the ownership, leadership and delivery their Health & Safety strategies as part of their five year business plan to improve safety, health and wellbeing across my Clients division.
The role will help provide a clear understanding of the key Health & Safety issues for stores/branches and be continually developing local leadership’s skills, knowledge and understanding and use their influence to support change to build and maintain a consistent health & safety culture across the business.
The role will encompass:
- Working with the Divisional H&S Director or equivalent to develop the divisional health and safety strategy and associated annual delivery plan.
- Guide and coach Regional Directors/Operational Managers, Branch, Store and other Managers in all aspect of safety leadership and performance.
? Integration of safety into business operations
? Leadership behaviours
? Accident Investigation
? Risk Management
? Managing preventative and corrective actions
? Stay Safe Committees and forums
Delivering a variety of health and safety related training in accordance with the divisional delivery plan.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- PTLLS or equivalent training qualification
- ISO/OHSAS Auditor Qualification
- 5 Years plus post qualification experience in medium to high risk business.
- Experience of safety culture and behavioural change programmes
- Excellent Communicator
- Able to train and represent at both Board and Floor level
- Full Legal & Technical understanding of H&S
- Strong influencer
- Engaging style
- Personal resilience
- Delivering impact
- Health Safety