The company is a service driven powder coating & paint spraying business recognised as being at the forefront of the finishing industry, accredited to ISO 9001:2015; ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018
Health and Safety Manager
Reporting to the Operations Director, this is a hands-on operational role where you will be primarily responsible for providing leadership and internal expertise in Occupational Health & Safety. The role will also include involvement in facilities and project management. This role would suit a safety professional who wants to broaden their experience or a facilities/ project manager who wants to build on their existing Health & Safety expertise.
- Maintain and develop the company’s Occupational Health & Safety management system (OHSMS) and promote a positive Health & Safety culture
- Driving the implementation of the OHSMS by conducting risk assessments; audits; investigations, accident investigations etc. as required
- Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to improve the management of risk and ensure compliance
- Providing guidance and training on OH&S matters to managers and other employees
- Developing a deep, working knowledge of company operating processes
- Supporting the management of facilities, including the preventative maintenance programme within the company
- Supporting the development of a culture that enables continuing improvement.
- Proven background in Health Safety Management within a suitable environment
- Recognised safety qualification
- Proven skills in negotiation and communication to a wide range of stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
- Experience of successfully managing and implementing project works
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Experience in Facilities management
- Relevant systems auditor qualifications
- Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH or equivalent
- Experience of implementing Occupational Health and Wellbeing programmes.
In addition to a competitive package this exciting and varied role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity for career development within an expanding and successful business.
The company is a friendly and flexible employer and will consider applications from candidates who would want to work on a part time basis.
In order to be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the UK and hold a valid work visa if applicable. This role also requires a driving licence.
Application closing date: 5pm on 20th November 2019.
Previous applicants for this H&S role need not apply.
To apply for please send your CV and covering letter, including salary expectations by using the apply button provided on the page.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'