To provide a total health and safety service to the business to support the drive for reduced accidents/injuries, identify ongoing improvements, and to champion health and safety issues on the manufacturing site.
A privately owned industrial manufacturing organisation that in the last 12 months have gone through substantial growth of which will continue over the next 2 months. This offers innovative fabrication services and products.
- To develop and implement best practice health and safety systems to improve the control of risks.
- To ensure comprehensive risk assessments are performed throughout the company, on all procedures and tasks, to identify risk areas.
- Ensure application of the Health & Safety Policy in a way that is consistent with the business strategy and aims.
- Raise the awareness of health and safety within the organisation through presentations, training, health and safety inductions
- To implement an annual health and safety improvement process.
- Full health and safety audits. The safety inspections should cover all the physical parts of the premises and staff behaviours as well as documentation on site. Ensure effective implementation of requirements so that the company meets audit requirements by clients and external bodies.
- Ideally educated to degree level but must have safety and environmental based management qualifications such NEBOSH General Safety or equivalent
- Extensive health and safety experience, ideally within steel manufacturing industry or construction.
- Previously created method statements and risk assessments for various types of site and shop based installations.
- Significant management experience with strong strategic awareness to lead and develop operational managers and supervisors, in ensuring the implementation and effectiveness of health and safety management systems and processes
- Team player, can do attitude, excellent communication skills and results driven
- Proven ability to train and coach staff in a wide range of health and safety for variety of procedures. E.G confined space, abrasive wheels etc.
- Extensive experience in identification of risks and assessment of controls.
- Full UK Driving licence is essential
- Health and Safety