Health and Safety Advisor
At Careys - We Care
We cultivate innovation - encourage ideas - nurture a sense of belonging - challenge the status quo.
We do things differently.
Interested in joining our team?
Construction Enquirer 2016 Award winner in "The Best Company to Work For" category.
PJ Careys are a leading specialist contractor within the UK and Ireland providing civil engineering, construction, demolition, concrete frame and development services. We are in an exciting growth period in this team, currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects with contract values ranging up to €30m in Ireland & in excess of £80m in the UK.
At the heart of our company is our Safety culture, with our commitment to ensuring all our employees get 'Safe Home Every Day’ [SHED]. 'SHED’ is the driving force of our behavioural safety change programme that promotes our Company ethos that we will not cut corners, lower our standards at the expense of the Safety of our most important asset, our employees.
The Carey Group continues to secure work, including civils, housing and windfarm projects. Due to this sustained growth, we have opportunities available for construction-experienced, Health and Safety professionals to join our team. Previous environmental experience will be held in high regard.
To work successfully with our site-based teams, you’ll require exceptional 'people-skills', enthusiasm and the ability to drive a positive culture change relating to all Heath, Safety, Environment, Quality & Training issues. Your role as dedicated Health and Safety Advisor will be to conduct pro-active and re-active monitoring on-site to safeguard our employees and to significantly improve the Groups Health, Safety, Quality, Environment & Training performance and achieve 'SHED'.
- Provide positive assistance to site on HSE issues, spending appropriate time on each site to adequately address issues and monitor compliance.
- Carrying out audits and inspections on site where required and ensure non-conformance are closed out.
- Assist in Project set up, pre-planning of works and safe systems of work.
- Assist in development of project specific risk registers and assessments.
- Assist in project specific training matrix development, delivery of training and Tool Box Talks upon request.
- Carrying out re-active monitoring including accident, incident & near miss investigations.- Monitoring and assisting in the assessment of sub-contractors.
- Liaise with external bodies, organisations & positively represent the Carey Group as required.
• NEBOSH General or equivalent - minimum
• Outstanding coaching, leadership, relationship-building and influencing skills
• Construction experience essential, preferably civils projects
• Construction experience, specifically within civils, housing and/or windfarms would be held in high regard
• Use of Microsoft Office applications
Our company is full of passionate and capable people who are great team players. We are seeking a like-minded HSE professionals to join our team and play a major role in shaping our company into the future. If you and are keen to progress your career with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, please submit your CV and cover letter.
Carey Group plc are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Civil Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job