For: Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Exeter Full time, 37 hours per week per hour
Type: Temporary for 26 weeks from start date (with the possibility of extension to 52 weeks), to start asap, subject to clearances)
We are seeking to appoint a professionally qualified and experienced Health & Safety (H&S) Advisor to join our Property Management team. You will join a busy and friendly team reporting to the Compliance Manager at this world-leading organisation. This varied role is responsible for providing professional advice for the effective management of H&S across the organisations estate which includes our offices and engineering facilities both at our Exeter HQ and our Frontline sites across the country.
As H&S Advisor you will have the opportunity to support staff with day-to-day H&S matters, introduce process driven approaches to H&S across the organisations estate and develop our H&S Management System to meet the requirements of ISO 45001. Occasional overnight travel to other sites around the UK may be required.
You will be highly motivated and organised with excellent time management skills. Youll have the ability to perform everyday H&S duties and demonstrate a strong in-depth knowledge of the purpose and work of the H&S Management System. To be considered for this position it is essential you have a relevant H&S qualification as well as relevant post qualification experience. This is an opportunity for you to apply your H&S operational skills and experience within a varied organisation.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
* Qualified to at least Grad IOSH membership or equivalent and provide evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
* Experience of working within a certified OHSAS18001/ ISO45001 H&S Management System.
* Demonstrable operational H&S experience including developing H&S policies and procedures, advising and training staff on H&S practices, reviewing contractors Risk Assessments and Methods Statements (RAMS) and working with relevant inspectors and trade unions.
* Excellent report writing and oral communication skills and be able to promote and encourage the importance of H&S to all levels in the organisation.
* Ability to work on own initiative to identify potential improvements to the H&S Management System and implement relevant action plans.
* Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple demands and shifting priorities, including those relating to H&S risks and issues.
* Experience of conducting H&S audits, investigations and inspections, making appropriate recommendations for change in accordance with H&S legislation and best practice and following up to ensure necessary action has been taken.
* Able to demonstrate appropriate levels of discretion in dealing with confidential information and practical knowledge and an understanding of GDPR.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities * Demonstrate experience of transitioning an organisation to ISO45001. * Experience of auditing H&S Management Systems. * Practical experience of delivering basic H&S training to staff.
- Health and Safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'