Health and Safety Advisor / Administrator
Starting at £22,000 per annum
Full time: 37.5 hrs per week
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a provider of health and safety consultancy and training services to a variety of clients across the UK. This includes their growing retained consultancy service designed specifically for SMEs.
Location: Warmley, Bristol with occasional travel across the South West and occasionally further afield to meet the needs of the business
Role: Predominantly office based, this is a new, permanent role to support the growth of the company’s health and safety consultancy services. Working closely with a team of consultants and the office manager, you will be the first point of contact for all health and safety enquires. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company meets their response times, whilst delivering a high-quality service and customer experience.
- Answering calls on the health and safety support line and responding to e-mails
- Arranging contract renewals
- Drafting H&S documentation
- Update policies, procedures, risk assessments and similar
- Assist with SSIP accreditations
- Develop health and safety tool box talks
- Design health and safety checklists, forms and templates
- Supporting members of the consultancy team
- Recording all client contact in the CRM system
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
- Report on new clients and any cancellations to the H&S Manager monthly
- To support health and safety services, ensuring that the company is compliant
- Identify and with Line Manager action own training and development needs
- Maintain knowledge of the organisation’s health and safety/training services
- Provide a high level of client service and professionalism at all times
- Prepare client reports and other documentation using provided data
- Maintain an understanding of a company’s health and safety responsibilities
- Work closely with the Office Manager on the administration of client accounts
- Monitor quality and identify ways the company can improve their services
Qualifications and experience required for this role
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- 2 years’ practical health and safety experience in a workplace setting
- A flexible, grounded and pragmatic approach
- A good working knowledge of general health and safety legislation
- Experience of writing risk assessments, policies and procedures
- A good telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A commitment to quality work and attention to detail
- Commercially aware of needs of small businesses
- IT literate and experience of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with (and relate to) staff at all levels
- Confident and with a belief in your own ability
- Responsible attitude
- Willing to develop both health and safety skills and knowledge
- Able to use your own initiative in solving problems
- Able to work as part of a team, yet also independently
- Able to negotiate effectively
- Able to work under pressure
- Good sense of humour
- Full and valid driving licence
To apply for the role of Health and Safety Advisor / Administrator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Health and Safety Advisor, Health and Safety Administrator, H&S Advisor, H&S Administrator, Health and Safety Officer, H&S Officer, Health and Safety Services Co-ordinator, Health and Safety.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'