Our prestigious client based in Tamworth are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor.
Using the academic underpinning of health and safety technical expertise, the role of Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor will complement the existing Compliance Department with an objective of designing safety and environment controls into the manufacturing process, whilst striving for continuous improvement.
This is very much a "hands on" role where you will be required to collect appropriate data, make suitable analysis and communicate findings and conclusions to the wider company. Additionally, you will play a key role in the implementation of improvements to make the business safer and more effective in line with our core values of Safety, Care and Trust.
As Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Creating and maintaining all: Health and Safety process guidelines for the business
- Risk Assessments for manufacturing process
- Creating and writing documentation guidelines
- Carry out Risk assessments and site safety audits with written reports and identified actions
- Safety briefings
- Product CLP label development
- Process Aspect and Impact audits
- Emergency response and preparedness reviews
- Customer support in health and safety matters
- Respond to accidents and incidents and ensure accident prevention plans are put in place
- Promote a positive safety culture to the whole business through team talks
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar H&S Advisor/ Compliance role within a manufacturing
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification
- Chemical experience, a good understanding of chemistry is essential
- Work well with data and be data-driven
- Excellent problem solving skills and have an inquisitive nature
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore
- ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Proactive, self-sufficient and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, MSDS software
£ 30,000 - £ 35,000 plus 21% discretionary bonus
25 days holidays
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please note; due to the high volume of CV’s we receive if you have not had a response to your application within 5 working days please assume on this occasion you have not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job