c. £90,000 p.a. + Bonus & Executive Benefits Package
Smart Metering Solutions
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Research & Development the key tasks of this role are:
- To play a key role in the development and implementation of the Research & Development strategy and roadmaps for their Pan-European business
- The design, development and delivery of the portfolio of Electricity and Gas metering products, including existing product enhancements
- To ensure that all existing and new products are delivered on time at the correct cost and on the agreed budget
- To lead, manage and develop the Research & Development teams, sharing learning and building capability across the teams, ensuring that best practice for research execution and design is adopted and continually improved
With a degree or further qualification in Engineering, you MUST have knowledge and experience in:
- All forms of Electronic Hardware design principles including DFM, DFMEA and PFMEA, Lean and 6 sigma design practises
- Embedded Software design principles and architecture including use of the "Agile" process within a medium to high volume manufacturing environments
- In the Product Development, Electronic Manufacturing and Product Assembly process within challenging and recognised industry leading sectors (e.g. Automotive, Aerospace, Energy, Consumer Electronics or Telecoms)
- In leading, managing and developing multi-cultural and multi-sited teams to gain genuine credibility with suppliers, customers and all internal stakeholders
Landis + Gyr are the global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Now operating in over 30 countries, the company employs some 6000 people in their 72 locations. With sales of over $1.6 billion in 2017, they have an unrivalled reputation for developing and providing solutions that overcome its customers operational, regulatory and consumer driven challenges, by capturing the advantages and benefits of technology. Focused on quality, reliability and innovation, Landis + Gyr offers a complete portfolio of energy meters and integrated smart metering solutions.
How to Apply
To discover more about this exciting and demanding role and the unrivalled autonomy, influence and career opportunities within Landis + Gyr, then apply by attaching your CV in a word format and quote your current remuneration details, together with reference number 371048.
- head of research & development