Head of Recoveries
Excellent Package - Relocation possible
Operating as a Senior Manager within the Customer Operations function and working in partnership with the other Senior Managers across the business, the Head of Recoveries assumes overall responsibility and accountability for all supporting administrative functions concerning assets and associated legal practices as well as our asset sales and trace capabilities. Your role is responsible for ensuring all the business critical processes adopted, (some of which will require Legal Services intervention from time to time for asset recovery and disposal undertakings) are optimised at every opportunity. All processes adopted must be strategically reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure practices adopted are best in class whilst protecting our customer outcomes in the spirit of TCF, CONC and FCA guidelines at all times. You will also involve strategic oversight of several third-party partnerships across the asset recovery, litigation and trace capabilities.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
* Providing leadership to the Customer Support Services functions by ensuring that appropriate departmental structures and service delivery models are in place, monitoring and developing them as appropriate.
* Responsible for the strategic direction of the department including resourcing and technology strategies, people and team development, performance management, and succession planning.
* Maintaining currency in awareness of legislation and industry changes that may affect Customer Operations and business undertakings.
* Active participation as a senior manager within the business working on cross business projects as required.
* Driving the ongoing enhancement to policies and procedures in support of the customer experience and ensuring the team are clear in requirements to deliver on the strategy.
* Act as an escalation point for complex issues and deliver audit actions.
* Development of the department's strategies including business plans, objectives, SLA's, associated KPI's, policies, processes and procedures.
* Meeting and exceeding all key metrics, including volume processing, quality, complaints, vehicle issues and arrears management.
* Conduct team meetings to update the team on best practices, departmental communications and continuing expectations.
* Effective people management ensuring any HR processes are conducted in line with best practice within the department and hearing appeals as required.
* Represent company at specific trade body / industry gatherings on a regular basis to ensure the business continues to have an active voice as appropriate across the industry.
your Personal Characteristics:
* Be an inspirational leader, with exceptional understanding of CX strategies and relevant legal process and policy changes.
* Have significant people management experience and a track record of creating and developing high performing teams.
* Have high standards of numeracy and literacy.
* Be assertive, confident and intellectually capable.
* Be a self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment.
* Have a proactive management style and possess a solutions focused approach to challenges.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Resilient and determined.
* Confident in making decisions.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Your Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
Previous experience in a FCA/FSA regulated consumer finance environment.
* Significant team management experience in a volume customer facing environment.
* Proven leadership skills, particularly in a fast moving, empowered environment.
* Experience of undertaking analysis of Management Information and the ability to analyse information, and implement improvement strategies as a part of that analysis.
* High level of people management skills, with a proven track record of managing team and functional changes.
* Proven track record of creating and maintaining high performing, productivity focused teams, in a Support Services environment, whilst maintaining the highest levels of compliance and quality.
* Experience working within the motor finance industry.
* An in-depth knowledge of asset recovery regulation and law, particularly in relation to the appropriate use of forbearance.
If interested in this role, please email your CV to
- operations management
- motor finance
- asset management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job