We are looking for a Head of Projects and Development to join the team here at ILG. This role will be responsible for establishing and running the Project & Development team at ILG, with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a 'best-practice’ approach within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
This role will be three fold, firstly overseeing the Implementation Team, providing expert knowledge and support whilst monitoring progress. Secondly, managing both a third party and in house development function to enhance ILG’s core systems. Finally, steering ILG’s Process Improvement and Quality function.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Utilise extensive project management experience to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Lead the IT development function, collaborating across departments to assess scope, feasibility and cost
- Ensure all proposed IT changes are evaluated for their benefits and risks, and that all impacts are considered and planned for
- Prioritise changes so that limited resources are allocated to those changes that produce the greatest benefit based on the business need
- Ensure that all changes are thoroughly tested in a Sandbox environment
- Provide support, leadership and mentorship to direct reports
- Meet with direct reports frequently to review project status, financials and any other key issues
- Review resource levels based on project timelines and workload and reassign / reprioritise where necessary
- Ensure financial budgets set by the Client Services & IT Director are monitored and achieved
- Establish, measure and maintain relationships with key IT suppliers, chairing regular face to face review meetings
- Protect and grow the financial and delivery performance of the team.
- Create, maintain and update on a weekly basis the central register of all projects across the whole organisation.
- Implement, create and monitor risk registers for the department as well as all individual projects and contribute to the wider organisational register on a regular basis
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A proven ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget
- A proven ability to manage, organise, motivate and develop a team
- Substantial knowledge and experience of warehouse and logistics functions
- High level of overall IT skills, including bespoke software, MS Office and Project Management tools
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Capability to track project benefits and lessons learnt to feed into on-going improvements
- Excellent communication skills, able to present ideas and influence at a senior level.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical, and commitment to quality
- Comfortable with coordinating and collaborating with business teams to drive required decisions and outcomes
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday.
- Birthday Leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Parking on site
- Dedicated platform for learning and development
- Social Events
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks.
- IT Development
- Process Improvement